Sunday, May 16, 2010

Costumes in the Closet!

Today was a particularly difficult day as we were cleaning out our closet and found some Halloween costumes we had purchased last summer in anticipation of taking the grandkids Trick-or-Treating.

Heavenlee was very fond of Trick-or-Treating and had become very good at it in 2008. I had found 2 different costumes, one being a Godzilla suit (nice and warm for her) and the other a Snow White outfit. I was going to let her choose and then the fun would have begun.

Like every year, I love to dress up as well and we have a standing rule in our house after the Trick-or-Treating is done: Grandpa gets all the Tootsie Rolls.

Sadly, we did not get Heavenlee last year (2009) for Halloween and although we had a great time with the boys, Jonathon and Dorian, we were disappointed that Heavenlee was not permitted to spend our favorite holiday with us.

I can't bring myself to throw them away but I also can't bring myself to look at them either.
The pain and grief is still too intense.

Fortunately, I am working on a new project to promote Child Safety Seat Awareness and Use, as well as our own cause, Justice for Heavenlee!!!

It looks to be a large public event with the potential for national exposure on CNN, MSNBC and the like. If all goes well, our cause will gain national attention and then we move forward towards our eventual goal of updating Indiana law to better reflect our belief in protecting our youngest of victims from neglect and abuse.

James & Amanda Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment